We celebrated the re-launch of Giraffe on Friday evening with the team, sponsoring the fantastic Manchester Hotelier’s Association Ball. Held at The Principal Manchester on Oxford Road, the 15th edition of the annual Ball celebrated the city’s dynamic and diverse hospitality.
The event kicked off in style at the drinks reception with performers giving a nod to ‘The Greatest Showman’ theme.
After a quick tipple and a few air kisses the 600+ guests were ushered downstairs to The Grand Room, where aerial acrobats, fire dancers and singers held court on the focal central stage.
After a delicious 3-course meal followed by a yummy Bailey’s Ice Coffee (and plenty more drinks), the all important awards ceremony was underway. Giraffe Event Solutions was proud to sponsor bouquets for each of the winners, presented in top hats to embrace the spectacular The Greatest Showman theme. The worthy winners were:
- Paul Burton from Hilton Manchester Airport Hotel
- Robert Lavery from Manchester Malmaison Hotel
- AC Hotel Manchester
- Robbie Peterson from Mercure Manchester Hotel
- Top Team of the Year – Conference and Banqueting Team from the Principal Manchester Hotel
- Mentor of the Year – Kevin Hobson from Mal Maison Manchester Hotel
- Lois Marla Holiday Inn Manchester
- Hakan Keaton from Mercure Manchester
- Rising Star Aiden Hull Holiday Inn Manchester
Congratulations again to all of this year’s nominees and winners!
The awards were followed by the charity raffle and auction, raising over £36,000 for good causes. This concluded the more formal part of the black tie event and guests danced into the early hours.